Hi everyone, I hope you’re all having a fantastic week! Now that the nights are getting darker and the weather is getting cooler I think that it’s safe to say that Autumn is well and truly here to say hello; and honestly, I ain’t even mad about it. There’s just something so magical about the way the leaves change colours and flutter away from the trees like they’ve decided to go dancing in the wind. Anyway, you might remember that towards the end of last year and the start of this year I was posting monthly to-do lists and goals, and while I loved them and they worked bloody wonders for me I think I will be posting seasonal goals instead to save repetitive posts.
This Autumn couldn’t have come quicker for me this year, maybe it’s because I’m ridiculously excited to be celebrating my 6 year anniversary with Haden or maybe it’s because of my hope that the winds will bring change to everything that has gone wrong lately. Either way, putting a good step forward is what I’m going to be doing and crossing off a few Autumn goals off my bucket list is a sure fun way to make the most of the season!
// Autumn Goals & To-Do’s //
- Celebrate my 6 year anniversary with Haden!
- Spend a day or even a weekend up in Sassafrass & visit the William Rickett’s Sanctuary.
- Read at least three books. I’ve just started ‘The Beast’s Garden’ by Kate Forsyth and I’ve got ‘Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine’ by Gail Honeyman ready and waiting!
- Take more photographs & flatlays.
- Start vintage shopping and exploring op shops across Melbourne.
- Do some more fashion inspired instagram and blog posts. I’m having a lot of fun experimenting with it over on insta at the moment, make sure to follow me here if you aren’t!
- Keep up with my blogging schedule again.
- Have a Disney Classics movie day – Mary Poppins & Peter Pan are non-negotiables. Oh, along with a cozy blanket and chai latte of course.
- Work on my mental health. The last few months for me have honestly been the worst for my mental health in at least 5 years and my depression and anxiety have been in full swing so this is 100% my priority.
- Stay sober the entire season! (I don’t have a drinking problem guys, I barely drink as it is anyway haha but I’m planning on eventually cutting it out completely).
- Listen to something other than Taylor Swift – although let’s not hold our breath. Reputation is a lyrical masterpiece.
- Wear my ‘nice’ clothes more often. I mean, there’s not point in it just sitting in my closet all day is there.
- Get my hair done! My regrowth is past the point of disgusting now but I just can’t decide if I want to keep the blonde in my hair or go back to a full brunette for winter…. thoughts??
- Bake some fresh scones with cream and jam. mmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmm yass I’m excited for this one.
- Finish watching Sons of Anarchy.
- Attempt to successfully bake a croquembouche.
What are your goals for the new season? I know quite a lot of you are heading into spring so let me know what you’re most excited about in the comments too!
Until next time,
Love, Angela xx.