Eye Max Power Couple Mascara

Eye Max Power Couple Mascara

We all know that the love affair between myself and Maybeline’s Lash Sensational mascara is that of Chuck Bass & Blair Waldorf – a match made in diabolical heaven, mixed with a few summer flings in between. So when the last drop of my baby had been used up I thought I would put that love on hold for a moment and try out the new hottie on the block – Mecca’s Eye Max Power Couple Mascara.

A double ended mascara in a luxe gold bottle, the Eye Max Power Couple Mascara had me intrigued to say the least. You see, as much as I love how big, bold and luscious my lashes get with the larger wands I have been keeping an eye out for a lower lash mascara for a while now to curb any clumpy lower lashes, but I’ve just never been able to justify buying a whole bottle. So naturally a double ended mascara was the perf option for justification.

Thoughts…

I’ll be honest with you, my first impressions on this mascara weren’t as lust filled as I would have hoped for. I found the formula to be wet and at times messy and I wasn’t swept off my feet with the way that it made my lashes look. A Dan Humphries so to speak. But, after a few uses the formula started to dry up & thicken a little, and I found that by changing the way I applied my mascara it made a bit of a difference. By using the smaller wand – generally used for the lower lashes – on the top lashes a base coat to separate them and following through with the larger wand to add some volume we were able to make this mascara a Carter Baizen yet.

This mascara isn’t waterproof at all so don’t expect to head down to the beach wearing this without some mess, however it doesn’t smudge throughout the day like some others do and it holds its curl quite nicely. Priced at $ 38.00 I can’t say that the Eye Max Power Couple Mascarais revolutionary, but I can say this it is a steady, safe and handsome competitor.

You know you love me,
XOXO Gossip Girl

Until next time,

Love, Angela xx.

18 Comments

1. January 24, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Wow, what a result! It’s a shame you don’t think they look full because your lashes look really thick on this picture! x

• January 27, 2018 / 4:33 pm

Oh it’s definitely a lovely mascara! I think I’m just used to the super OTT lashes that I get with my lash sensational.

2. Emma Drury
    January 25, 2018 / 4:18 am

I think these are great results, but for the price it’s a shame it isn’t waterproof! Great review.
    Emma | emmadrury.com

• January 27, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Thanks babe! xx

3. Shauna
    January 25, 2018 / 7:44 am

It’s a shame you weren’t crazy about it! I think mascaras are such a personal thing, people always have their favourites!

Shauna | http://diariesofadramatic.com

• January 27, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Agreed. Mascaras are suchhhh a personal thing!

4. January 25, 2018 / 10:46 am

Oh wow!! That packaging is gorgeous and the effects it has on the eyelashes!!

• January 27, 2018 / 4:34 pm

Isn’t the packaging just stunning! I almost want to keep the bottle when I run out just as a blog prop haha! #bloggerlife

5. January 25, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Great review! I like the look of this mascara and also I liked the Gossip Girl references!

• January 27, 2018 / 4:39 pm

haha glad you liked the references – Clearly I’ve been binge watching the first few seasons a little too much when i’m comparing my mascara to Gossip Girl characters haha!

• January 27, 2018 / 4:38 pm

I knowww, I actually love having a double ended mascara now – I almost wish that every mascara came with two wands! xx

6. Chloe
    January 26, 2018 / 4:56 am

I’ve never heard of this brand but they look insane! That before and after pic is incredible! Looks like you’ve found a winner!

• January 27, 2018 / 4:36 pm

Yep, it’s definitely a nice mascara! Mecca is pretty much the Sephora of Australia haha! I so hope they expand into the UK and other places because the brands they stock – including their own – are sooooo good and the service is incred.

7. January 26, 2018 / 8:39 pm

its a little bit more expensive for what i am willing to pay with mascara, and the fact that its not waterproof doesn’t sound good, i think this is one of those products that you either love or hate.

• January 27, 2018 / 4:37 pm

It really is a nice mascara, but yeah it is a little on the pricey side. A waterproof version of this would be even better!

8. January 28, 2018 / 3:17 am

This mascara looks really nice and I love the idea of having a smaller brush to separate out my top lashes!