My Current Netflix Picks

My Current Netflix Picks

Hi loveliesssss! I don’t think I have mentioned this to you yet but 2018 is going to be the year that Love, Angela gets a lil’ bit more serious for moi and going forward I’m super excited to announce that there will be a minimum of three posts per week covering lifestyle on Mondays, Beauty on Wednesdays and a special surprise post on Fridays; and since today is a Monday here we are with a cheeky little lifestyle post – My current Netflix picks!

I honestly don’t remember the last time that I turned on the telly and actually watched free to air tv. Gone are those days since Netflix entered the scene, I mean it’s just so convenient because it has everything I want to watch in one spot and there’s no need to search for the DVD’s or switch disks after every movie – a lazy gal’s dream! I just wish they would hurry up and release more for Netflix Australia because we are seriously lacking compared to the US and the UK… Boo! Anyhoo, I’m currently snuggled up in bed popcorn in hand and ready to put on the telly so here are my current Netflix picks!

The Crown

A Netflix original based on the reign of Queen Elizabeth II The Crown doesn’t hold back from the drama & lifetime events of the world’s longest reigning monarch of one of the most influential and powerful nations on earth. I binge watched the entire first season in one sitting the day that it was released on Netflix and whilst the second season isn’t as good as the first (in my opinion) I still bloody loved it! It’s definitely more of a serious drama so just make sure to watch this only when you have the time to do so without being distracted.

Victoria

I freaking LOVE this series! Yes, I know it’s another royal show but what can I say, that’s just my cup of tea! I found out about this series when a girl at work told me about it and as soon as I watched the first episode I was hooked. Pretty quickly I told a few other people – including my mum – about this show and now they are totally obsessed with it too! It follows Queen Victoria and her rise and reign as a young woman and a young Queen. This show definitely isn’t as serious as The Crown and much more of an entertaining drama series like Downton Abbey so just trussssst me and watch this if you enjoy binge worthy drama & romance shows.

The Sinner

Crazy, crazy I tell you! From the first episode to the last Haden and I were on the edge of our seats! I first heard about this on twitter believe it or not when I saw mega babe Samantha Maria tweet about it along with every other blogger that I follow; so out of curiosity I popped it on the telly to see what all the fuss was about.

Based on a book of the same name, The Sinner it is about a young woman (Jessica Biel) who suddenly attacked and killed a young man on the middle of the beach with no idea of why she did so and a Detective who is determined to get to the bottom of the case. If you like crime & suspense shows then this one is for you.

Gangsta Squad

Put Ryan Gosling & Emma stone in a movie together and you have pure gold. Set in 1949 it has all of the glitz and glamour that my extra ass loves with the underworld drama and gangsta side hustle to keep me intrigued. Following a circle of cops who try to take down notorious gangsta Mickey Cohen and his gang this film is one that has action suspense and romance all tied into one. Watch this with your man for extra points!!

Netflix Favourites

What have you been watching lately?

Until next time,

Love, Angela xx.

18 Comments

1. January 8, 2018 / 7:11 am

I absolutely loved The Sinner! It was super dark and twisted but really had me gripped! I think I’ll give The Crown a watch next ☺️ X

• loveangela
      January 8, 2018 / 7:47 pm

How good was it! Some parts were a little too weird for me (i’m sure you can assume what parts I’m talking about) but besides that I bloody loved it! I seriously didn’t pick the reasoning/ending until they revealed it

2. January 9, 2018 / 8:15 am

I’ve been wanting to a Netflix post for the longest time because I am literally glued to it all the time.

I have yet to watch season 2 of The Crown, but I absolutely LOVED season 1 <3 I remember finishing The Sinner and thinking, HELLO WHERE'S SEASON 2 AT?! That show was craaaazy.

Will definitely have to check out the other two you mentioned!

Currently, I've been watching Korean dramas. On Netflix, I just finished Black Mirror, in the midst of watching Riverdale and Once Upon a Time as well!

• loveangela
      January 10, 2018 / 7:10 am

Oh YES! I just started Black Mirror! The very first episode put me off it for aaaages because it made me physically sick (haha I’m such a sook) but I gave it another shot and now I’m half way through season three ! It’s so interesting.

I didn’t even know Once Upon a Time was still going! I really need to catch up on that and Riverdale. Thanks for reading babe !! x

3. January 9, 2018 / 12:00 pm

I haven’t watched The Crown yet but it’s definitely on my list! I love shows from that era and Netflix originals seem to all be pretty good. Can’t wait to watch!

• loveangela
      January 10, 2018 / 7:11 am

You’ll love the crown! Netflix Originals are always a hit!

4. January 9, 2018 / 12:10 pm

I love The Crown!! I finished the second season in like 3 days! LOL Great recommendations

-Miriam
    beautywithmiriam.com

• loveangela
      January 10, 2018 / 7:12 am

Haha it’s amazing isn’t it! Thanks for reading lovely xx

5. January 9, 2018 / 12:26 pm

easily adding these to my Netflix list! I just finished Friends for the 3rd time, so I guess it is time for something new!

• loveangela
      January 10, 2018 / 7:13 am

I LOVE Friends! It’s probably a good thing that it isn’t on Netflix yet because if it was I don’t think I would watch anything else 😂

6. January 9, 2018 / 12:40 pm

I have not seen any of those! Tx for your post. Love it.

• loveangela
      January 10, 2018 / 7:14 am

Thanks for reading ! X

7. January 9, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Oh, I hadn’t heard of The Sinner. Thanks for putting this list together, I’ll check it out!

8. January 9, 2018 / 3:10 pm

I love the Crown, but I haven’t seen any of the other series you listed — I’ll check them out. I love Netflix! I usually gravitate towards comedies. “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” is my current fave. 🙂

• loveangela
      January 11, 2018 / 9:04 pm

I’ve been meaning to watch Unbreakable, I’ve heard it’s hilarious! 😂

9. January 10, 2018 / 2:04 pm

Thanks for sharing! The Sinner is next up on my list. I loved Riverdale and can’t wait for the next season to come on and I haven’t been able to stop watching The Travelers these past few days! You should definitely check it out if you haven’t already – sooooo good!

• loveangela
      January 11, 2018 / 8:58 pm

ooo I haven’t heard of The Travelers before? I’ll have to check it out! Thanks babe x

10. January 14, 2018 / 10:16 pm

Loved this post! I have heard about The Sinner being really good but haven’t started watching it, I should check it out! I’m watching a Spanish series called The Cable Girls at the moment and I really like it! Oh, and once season 4 of Black Mirror came out, I sat down and watched all episodes in one night haha! Love it 😍