“The women whom I love and admire did not get that way because shit worked out. The got that way because shit went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.” Elizabeth Gilbert.
Initially I had prompted this blog post as 5 things that the women in my life have taught me, but really there is only one woman in my life that has truly taught me everything. My mum. and I know it’s a total cliche to say that but it’s true – she has been through absolutely everything you can think of and yet somehow she still manages to wake up every morning and soldier on, and if there’s anyone that inspires me to be better every single day it’s her.
Here are 5 things that I learnt from the strongest woman in my life.
- To love ferociously and completely unconditionally.
- Life can be tough, so you need to be tougher.
- Even the strongest people have their flaws.
- Try to always have at least one thousand dollars stashed away for a rainy day.
- Never wear tracksuit pants out of the house.
I could go on and on about why my mum inspires me every single day but if I were we would be here forever.
Until next time,
Love, Angela xx.